Sharing environmentally friendly and pocket-book savings pointers, the Atlanta Home Inspector hopes that you find this cleaning alternative helpful. Microwaves are a daily convenience. Due to the heavy usage of microwaves, many spills and splatters dot their ceilings and line their walls. Remember that at least once weekly microwaves should be cleaned to optimize performance.
Many of us use store purchased cleansers to clean our appliances. However, if would like an all – nautral alternative to clean your microwave, we have a recipe for you. An all-natural approach will yield the same results, with only slightly more preparation time. The chemicals from the store may seep into your foods and containers over an extended period of time. So you are not only saving pennies, but also saving a future health issue from arising.
To keep your microwave fresh and clean, using organic materials only, here’s what to do :
- Unplug your microwave from the wall for safety.
- Gather a microwave safe bowl; 1 1/4 cups of water; a lemon; baking soda; white vinegar; and cleaning cloths.
- Slice the lemon and place the slices into your bowl. Add the water.
- Heat the bowl in the microwave for 7 minutes. Leave the microwave door closed for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the bowl (CAUTION : Bowl will be hot).
- Remove the microwave’s glass cooking surface and wheel system. Hand wash and set aside to dry.
- Dip a clean cloth in the lemon water mixture.
- Wipe down the microwave’s exterior and interior surfaces, remoistening the cloth as required.
- Moisten a clean cloth with vinegar. Wipe down the microwave door’s interior surface.
- Replace glass and wheel system, and plug the microwave back in to the wall.
If you find lingering stains in your microwave, mix baking soda with water to form a thick paste. Dip a corner of your cleaning cloth into the paste and apply it to the stain directly, gently rubbing in a circular motion until the stain is gone.
Let us know if this all natural approach worked for you!
Do us a favor if you or someone you know is about to buy that perfect home, please recommend us to them. When you find your dream home, make sure that you get a thorough home inspection in Atlanta, GA from the home inspector Atlanta, GA, David & Bonnie Lelak of IHI Home Inspections, they serve Atlanta and all of North Georgia. Call us today at 404-788-2581 for a thorough home inspection in Atlanta. We won’t let you buy the money pit. You can also schedule your Atlanta home inspection today online. We create Peace of Mind One Atlanta home inspection at a time. Be sure to check out all the other reasons other customers chose IHI Home Inspections at our original website.