As home inspectors in Atlanta Georgia, we wanted to share the following information about home generators and the safety issues you may run into. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, poisonous gas. It kills more 400 people die in their homes each year.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is especially common during periods of power outage. This is because homeowners throughout Woodstock fire up their personal home power generators.
Home generators are a leading cause of poisoning by carbon monoxide and, in this 4-minute from NBC’s The Today Show, you’ll learn about home generators, how they operate, and the safety measures everyone homeowner should undertake.
A few basic home generator safety rules, as described in the interview, include :
- Never modify a generator or its engine
- Keep a 10-foot distance between the generator and your home
- Always point the generator’s exhaust away from your home
Furthermore, make sure your home has an ample supply of carbon monoxide detectors, and that they’re operational.
One of the video’s highlights is clever illustration employing a vase of water and a dash of red dye. The demonstration shows just how few carbon monoxide particles are required to cause injury and/or death to a person in your household.
Therefore, if you own a home generator, take 4 minutes watch this video. Safety when home generators is paramount to your health.
If you want a thorough home inspector on your side when you’re buying a home,that will provide a thorough computerized home inspection report call us today 404-788-2581 or better yet you can now schedule your home inspections completely online at http://www.ihihomeinspections.com We provide peace of mind one home inspection at a time!
If you’re a home owner who wishes to simply maintain their home in the best possible manner call us today for a maintenance inspection to be done.
Check out our website at http://www.ihihomeinspections.com to find out our current promotion.
When you find your dream home, make sure that you get a thorough home inspection in Atlanta, GA from the home inspector Atlanta, GA, David & Bonnie Lelak of IHI Home Inspections, they serve Atlanta and all of North Georgia. Call us today at 404-788-2581 for a thorough home inspection in Atlanta. We won’t let you buy the money pit. You can also schedule your Atlanta home inspection today online. We create Peace of Mind One Atlanta home inspection at a time. Be sure to check out all the other reasons other customers chose IHI Home Inspections at our original website.
The choice is yours, “Cheap Charlie” or “Thorough David” you decide. If you want a thorough Atlanta home inspection for a reasonable price call us today at 404-788-2581, you’ll be glad you did.
Services Provided:Home Inspections Atlanta, Atlanta Home Inspections, Radon Gas Testing, Radon Inspections Pool & Spa Inspections, Infrared Inspections, 5 Star Protection Inspections, Moisture and Leak Detection Inspections.
Value Added Features
- I walk the roof on 99% of homes – most inspectors don’t!
- No Risk Home Inspections – Ask about our 200% Guarantee
- 24/7 Convenient Online scheduling
- Recall Check – appliances checked for manufacturer recalls NEW Service now being offered!
- Discounts available for Military and 2nd Inspections
- Radon Gas 48-Hour continuous testing available
We also provide State of the Art Thermal Imaging Services:
- Got a leak you can’t find – we detect hidden leaks behind your walls!
- Are you losing heating and cooling dollars – find out where with an Energy Scan!
- Worried about your electric panel overheating – check it with an Electrical Scan!
- Know a business owner with flat roof issues, repairs or about to be replaced – we can possibly save them thousands with Commercial Roof Scanning!
Visit us here:
We love new friends and followers!
Local Vendors We Trust:
Atlanta Concrete Contractors – Professional Concrete of GA
- Driveway Replacement
- Retaining Walls
- Stained Concrete
- Stone Designs
- Seamless Gutters
- Metal Roofs
- Leaf Protection Systems
- Clean Gutters
Mountain Air Cleaning
- Residential Cleaning
- Commercial Cleaning
- Construction Cleanup
- Mountain Home Preparation
- Cleans Better
- Dries Faster
- Non Toxic
- Stays Clean Longer